Monday, 30 November 2020

XAT 2021: Fill application form for exam by today at xatonline.in; test to be conducted on 3 January

The last date for registration for XAT 2021 is 30 November, for which candidates can visit the official website xatonline.in.

XAT 2021 will be conducted on 3 January from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm in the online mode. Xavier School of Management (XLRI) holds XAT on behalf of Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI).

How to apply for XAT 2021:

Step 1: Type the name of the official website xatonline.in on search bar
Step 2: Click on Register option, which is located on the top right corner of the website
Step 3: Enter the required credentials to register
Step 4: Then, log in using email ID and password
Step 5: Select the preferred exam city and fill the application form
Step 6: Upload required documents in the prescribed format
Step 7: Pay exam fee and submit the application form
Step 8: Take the printout of the form for future reference

The application fee for XAT 2021 is Rs 1750. The exam will take place in 70 cities across the country and the score will be used by more than 160 institutes for the admission. Xavier Aptitude Test is held for admission to Management programmes in XLRIs and various other institutes.

To be eligible for XAT 2021, candidates must have completed bachelor’s degree. Those who are in final year of bachelor’s degree can also apply for XAT 2021. There is no maximum age limit to appear for the exam.

The paper will have 99 questions and three hours will be provided for completing the test. There will be four sections - Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making and General Knowledge.

Those who get through XAT 2021 will get a call for interview. Candidates who qualify the personality test or interview will receive the call letter for admission.



from Firstpost India Latest News https://ift.tt/2JjP54Y

Days after ‘very severe’ Cyclone Nivar wreaks havoc, Tamil Nadu now fears storm on 2 December

New Delhi: Less than a week after Cyclone Nivar battered Tamil Nadu, another storm is expected to affect the southern state, the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said on Monday.

The cyclone will cross the Sri Lanka coast on 2 December and will bring heavy rain over Tamil Nadu and Kerala, it said.

Last week, "very severe cyclonic storm" Nivar had hit Tamil Nadu. While there were no reports of loss of life, about 2.5 lakh people were housed in cyclone shelters in the state as part of safety measures.

The IMD has issued a red-colour coded warning for the southern areas of Tamil Nadu Kerala in view of the brewing storm and said that these areas are expected to receive heavy to very heavy rainfall.

As the sea is expected to become rough due to the weather system, fishermen are advised not to venture into the southeast and adjoining southwest Bay of Bengal from the night of 1 December and along and off east Sri Lanka coast, Comorin area, Gulf of Mannar and Tamil Nadu-Kerala coasts from forenoon of 2 December for the subsequent 24 hours.

Also, those who are out at sea are advised to return to the coast by 30 November, it said.

According to the IMD, a well-marked low pressure area in the Bay of Bengal intensified into a depression.

"It is very likely to intensify further into a deep depression during the next 24 hours. It is also likely to intensify further into a cyclonic storm. It is very likely to move west-northwestwards and cross the Sri Lanka coast around the evening of 2 December," the IMD said.

"It is very likely to move nearly westwards thereafter and emerge into the Comorin area on December 3 morning,” the Cyclone Warning Division of the IMD said.

The IMD said squally weather with wind speed would gradually increase becoming 55-65 kilometres per hour gusting to 75 kmph over southeast and adjoining southwest Bay of Bengal from the night of 1 December and 70-80 kmph gusting to 90 kmph over southwest Bay of Bengal, along and off Sri Lanka coast.

Winds with a speed of 45-55 kmph gusting to 65 kmph are likely over the Comorin area, Gulf of Mannar and Tamil Nadu-Kerala coasts from December 2 forenoon for subsequent 24 hours.



from Firstpost India Latest News https://ift.tt/36l5WNC

Will declare decision 'as soon as possible', says Rajinikanth on entering politics

Chennai: After brainstorming with his followers, Tamil superstar Rajinikanth on Monday said he would make known his decision on entering politics as soon as possible.

The top star said he met the district secretaries of his 'Rajini Makkal Mandram' and deliberated the possibility of his political foray today.

While the office-bearers expressed their opinions, he conveyed his views on the matter to them, he told reporters outside his Poes Garden residence after winding up consultations with RMM secretaries at Raghavendra Kalyana Mandapam.

"They (functionaries) told me that they are with me whatever my decision may be. I will make known by decision (on political foray) as soon as possible," he said and raised both his hands to gesture 'Vanakkam' in his inimitable style.

Assembly elections are due in Tamil Nadu from April- May 2021.

Last month, Rajinikanth had for the first time disclosed that he had undergone a kidney transplant in 2016 in the United States and that the doctors were against him venturing into politics in view of the coronavirus pandemic.

Also, he had said that he would announce his decision on entering politics after consultations with office-bearers of his Mandram.



from Firstpost India Latest News https://ift.tt/2KVHavj

Stop banks from offering cashbacks on online purchases, CAIT demands in letter to Nirmala Sitharaman

Traders’ body Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT) said in a letter to Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman that banks act in collusion with e-commerce companies to provide incentives to customers, which goes against the Reserve Bank of India’s Fair Practices Code.

“In the present case, it has been noticed that several Banks including State Bank of India, Bank of Baroda, ICICI Bank,, Axis Bank, Citi Bank, HDFC Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, HSBC Bank, RBL Bank and others have entered into an unholy alliance with e-commerce companies prominently with Amazon and Walmart-owned Flipkart, forming a cartel and thereby granting 10 percent cash back and other incentives in lieu of making payments using respective bank cards while purchasing goods from online portals,” wrote Praveen Khandelwal, National Secretary General, CAIT.

However, the letter said these banks don’t provide the same benefit to shoppers who use online mode of payment while buying directly from traders. This, he wrote, is hindering with the smooth functioning of small scale shops thus breaching the ‘right to trade’ guaranteed in the constitution to every Indian in addition to being a violation of Competition Act, 2002.

The traders’ body called for immediate action to stop the practice and a thorough probe into why banks were extending discounts only on purchase from designated e-commerce portals.

“Surprisingly, till date, no auditor or competent authority has ever questioned this discrepancy and neither the Reserve Bank of India has questioned such a brazen unethical irregularity of business by the banks,” the letter stated.

CAIT had earlier written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi seeking an empowered regulatory authority to regulate and monitor the e-commerce business in India, claiming that "big e-commerce companies having deep pockets are leaving no stone unturned in monopolising the e-commerce business and retail trade of India with their malpractices and violating FDI policy of the government and relevant laws and rules".



from Firstpost India Latest News https://ift.tt/36hkGwS

Hyderabad civic polls: Over 74,000 voters to exercise their franchise tomorrow; polling to begin from 7 am

Hyderabad: The stage is set for polling on Tuesday in the Hyderabad civic polls which witnessed a high decibel campaign resembling an Assembly or parliamentary election with top leaders from different parties participating in the electioneering.

As many as 74,44,260 voters would exercise their franchise using ballot papers to elect their representatives in the 150-ward Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC), according to official data.

The polling would begin at 7 am and come to an end at 6 pm.

The total number of contesting candidates is 1,122.

The Telangana State Election Commission (SEC) has made elaborate arrangements for the balloting process by deploying 48,000 (including reserve) polling personnel and 52,500 strong police force.

The Commission had decided to conduct the election with ballot papers after obtaining the views of major political parties, Health department in view of COVID-19 and taking into consideration various relevant issues, it said earlier.

The SEC has conducted a campaign, featuring some film personalities, to motivate the electorate to vote.

Observing that all arrangements, including those in view of the COVID-19 pandemic, have been made for smooth polling, State Election Commissioner C Parathasarathi has appealed to the voters to exercise their franchise.

The run-up to the polling witnessed a high decibel and often acrimonious campaign.

Buoyed by its victory in the recent bypoll to Dubbak Assembly constituency, the BJP conducted a powerful campaign to win the GHMC polls.

It has drafted its General Secretary Bhupendra Yadav, who has been itsincharge for Bihar, to supervise the preparation for the poll in Hyderabad.

Top leaders, including Union Home Minister Amit Shah, party president J P Nadda, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, Union Ministers Prakash Javadekar, Smriti Irani and MoS (Home) G Kishan Reddy, who is Lok Sabha member from Secunderabad, party MP and BJYM national president Tejaswi Surya participated in the campaign.

The BJP highlighted the TRS' "alliance" with the AIMIM and sought votes to provide clean and transparent governance in the city.

The TRS, however, denied any alliance with the AIMIM.

The TRS' campaign was led by its Working President and state Municipal Administration Minister K T Rama Rao, while party supremo and Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao addressed a public meeting.

The state's ruling party has deployed several state ministers and legislators for canvassing in the city.

The Congress campaign was led by its state president N Uttam Kumar Reddy and Working President A Revanth Reddy and other senior leaders.

Once a major force in the state, but marginalised now, the TDP sought to revive its fortunes highlighting the development witnessed in the city, including in the IT sector, during N Chandrababu Naidu's regime as Chief Minister in undivided Andhra Pradesh.

The TRS and BJP leaders were engaged in a war of words attacking each other.

BJP's Telangana president Bandi Sanjay Kumar found himself in a row following his comments that his party would conduct a "surgical strike" in the old city here to send away Rohingyas and Pakistanis after it wins the post of Mayor in the polls.

AIMIM's Akbaruddin Owaisi in a poll campaign earned the wrath of his opponents by asking whether the 'samadhis' of former Prime Minister PV Narasimha Rao and TDP founder NT Rama Rao, built on the Hussain Sagar lake bank, would be removed as he questioned the eviction drive against "poor people" residing near water bodies.

Counting of votes will be taken up on 4 December.



from Firstpost India Latest News https://ift.tt/3qgA9FA

Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2020: Apply for 50 vacancies for position of cook and steward at joinindiancoastguard.gov.in

The Indian Coast Guard has put out a notification for the recruitment to the post of Navik {Domestic Branch (Cook & Steward)}. The application for these posts will be accepted between 30 November and 7 December. Those who want to apply can do so by visiting the official website of the Indian Coast Guard at  joinindiancoastguard.gov.in.

There are 50 vacancies for the post of Navik {Domestic Branch (Cook & Steward)}. Out of the total vacancies, 20 are for the General category, five for Economically Weaker Section (EWS), 14 for Other Backward Class, three for Scheduled Tribes, and eight for Scheduled Castes.

Those who register within the stipulated time will be able to download e-admit cards between 19 and 25 December.

How to fill the Indian Coast Guard Navik (DB) application form

Step 1: On the search bar, enter the URL, joinindiancoastguard.gov.in

Step 2: Click on the Opportunity option, which is positioned in the top right corner of the website

Step 3: Select the advertisement for Recruitment of Navik (DB)

Step 4: Click on Navik (Domestic Branch)

Step 5: Click on I Agree button and after that online application will be displayed on the screen

Step 6: Fill the application form and upload the required documents

Step 7: Check all the filled details carefully

Step 8: Submit the application form and note down the application number

Those applying should check eligibility criteria before filling the registration form. According to the Hindustan Times, candidates should be between 18 and 22 years of age. The cut-off date for the maximum age limit is 1 April, 2021. There is relaxation in the upper age limit for candidates belonging to reserved categories.

To be eligible for the post of Navik (DB), candidates should have passed Class 10 with 50 percent marks. However, a relaxation of five percent in minimum required marks will be provided to SC and ST candidates.

This relaxation of five percent marks in the minimum required score also applies to outstanding sportspersons of National level who have obtained first, second or third position in any field of sports events at the Open National Championship or Inter-state National Championship.

According to Jagran Josh, the exam for the post of Navik (DB) is expected to be held in January 2021. The paper will contain objective type questions. It will have questions from Quantitative Aptitude, Mathematics, General Sciences, General English, General Awareness (Current Affairs and General Knowledge), and Reasoning (Verbal and Non-Verbal).

Those who get through the written exam will be called for Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and Initial Medical Examination (Preliminary).

 



from Firstpost India Latest News https://ift.tt/39qlMbF

Tamil Nadu to reopen public beaches, final-year undergraduate classes from 7 Dec, says CM K Palaniswami

Chennai: Chief Minister K Palaniswami on Monday said social, political and entertainment events would be allowed in auditoriums and announced the opening of colleges for final year undergraduate students from 7 December.

Beaches including the Marina in Chennai and tourist places shall be opened for public and swimming pools would be allowed to operate for training purposes, he said listing out fresh relaxations effective 1 December.

Undergraduate final year classes for all colleges and universities including arts, science, technology, engineering, agriculture, fisheries and veterinary and hostels for them are permitted to start on 7 December, the Chief Minister said adding from the same day, classes for UG and postgraduate medical and para-medical courses shall begin.

Classes for freshers who enroll during the current 2020-21 academic year would, however, begin from 1 February, next year, he said.

Also, exhibition centres would be allowed to function for 'business to business' purposes.

Social, political, and entertainment programmes shall be allowed from  1 to 31  December after obtaining prior permission from authorities, he said.

The number of participants for events at auditoriums should be confined to a maximum of 200 people or 50 percent of the total seating capacity, Palaniswami said in an official release.

Permission should be obtained from the police commissioner in Chennai and from district collectors in the rest of Tamil Nadu for indoor functions.

Amid the BJP and DMK repeatedly trying to take out rallies ahead of Assembly elections next year, Palaniswami said a decision on allowing events in open spaces would be taken in keeping with the pace of virus spread in the coming days.

Assembly elections are due during April-May 2021 in Tamil Nadu.

Extending curbs till 31 December in containment zones and for international air travel in sync with the Centre's norms, the Chief Minister appealed to the public to wear masks and maintain hygiene to help prevent the spread of coronavirus.

The Standard Operating Procedures shall apply to all activities that have been allowed.

Barring those from neighbouring Puducherry, Karnataka, and Andhra Pradesh, e-registration shall continue to be applicable for people visiting Tamil Nadu from all other states.



from Firstpost India Latest News https://ift.tt/3o9zHac